We have taken the Ecobuild award criteria and expanded on some of the points to give you an insight into how we’ll be evaluating use of integrated digital marketing at the show.
Strength and breadth of digital marketing used in the approach to the show
- How many social/digital channels are being used to promote your presence at the event?
- Is the messaging consistent and regular?
- Does your website support your Ecobuild campaign eg. do you have a separate landing page or area that you’re directing specific Ecobuild traffic to?
Integration of digital marketing with offline media (such as advertising, PR etc)
- Does your advertising or PR direct people back to your website or social media accounts?
- Are you repurposing your offline coverage for maximum benefits online?
Best use of stand space and overall presence and impact at the show
- Does your stand promote your social media presence eg. follow us on Twitter @XXXX
- Is digital a feature on your stand eg showing a live Twitter feed, videos or encouraging visitors to share images.
- Are you taking your online relationships offline at Ecobuild?
Use of digital technologies on the stand to generate brand awareness or engagement
- Are you using QR codes to take visitors to a dedicated Ecobuild landing page or encouraging them to sign up to your newsletter?
- Are you being creative with technologies such as augmented reality to showcase your products or podcasts of your seminars that can be downloaded on the stand?
- Have you arranged to have your seminar or stand activities filmed so that you can turn it into a short YouTube video and share with people that could not attend (show them what they’re missing).
Use of social media at the show, converting online relationships into real contacts and business opportunities
- Are you using social media to communicate with people before, during and after the show.
- Have you planned a follow up strategy to engage with people once they’ve left your stand eg. lead nurturing through an email campaign.
Automatic disqualification for displaying female models in skimpy t-shirts to attract attention
- We’re not joking!
Best of luck to everyone exhibiting and we look forward to seeing your creative ideas. If you are attending, not exhibiting, we also want you to get involved and let us know of any stands you see that are using digital marketing effectively. Send us a tweet @PauleyCreative using the hashtag #digibuild and let us know.