CIMCIG kindly invited me to present at the Marketing to Architects half-day seminar on the subject of ‘Social Media Marketing to Architects’. Majority of the audience were marketers from Product Manufacturing companies and a handful of marketers from software providers and design services. 89 marketing and business development professionals attended the event which was great news for the organisers and presenters. The event provided a unique networking opportunity and gave delegates a chance to learn about enhancing existing communication channels and integrating new channels into their marketing mix to target and communicate with Architects more effectively.
Key points from the presentation:
- Plan and research your audience. Where are they discussing topics online? What forms of communication channels do they use?
- Take the time to listen to what architects discuss and talk about online.
- Respond and engage with Architects. Provide them with content which is of value and helps Architects, Specifiers and Engineers to choose your products and establish a relationship with your brand.
- Nurture Architects and help them through the specification process at various touch points.
- Don’t always talk about yourself. Provide informative content to Architects.
- Get other departments involved, social media can be a business tool.
CIMCIG organise and host a wide variety of events aimed at construction marketing professionals. Have a look at what else is happening this year: http://www.cimcig.org/events.php